DIPLOMA IN "TOURISM DESTINATION MANAGEMENT: LEARNING FROM FRANCE"
FRENCH UNIVERSITY OF TOURISM (UNIVERSITE FRANÇAISE DU TOURISME SUMMER SCHOOL - A programme bringing together the tourism departments of the most prestigious institutes and universities in France. 25 June – 23 July 2016, Nice – Toulouse – Angers – Paris - Download the brochure / Summer School program - Website
Reasons to enrol in the FrenchUniversity of Tourism Summer School:
- Enrich your career : Students enrolled in the "Tourism Management: Learning from France" programme receive ajoint-diplomaco-signed by the participating institutions of the FrenchUniversity of Tourism.
- Experience the best that France has to offer: France is the world's number one tourist destination offering a mix of diverse landscapes and a huge range of cultural resources. Through field-trips, cultural visits and expert-led tours, the programme gives students first-hand experience of the French tourism cultural product.
- Be part of a unique academic setting: The summer school programme is grounded in a solid academic setting backed by researchers, professionals and practitioners dedicated to disseminating France's tourism expertise and know-how. Students are offered a variety of approaches and perspectives on the tourism industry. Classes are thought-provoking and engaging and encourage interactive participation from students.
- Gain theoretical and practical skills: The summer school has been designed to ensure that theoretical knowledge goes hand in hand with a practical understanding of the major issues in the tourism industry. This is achieved through the different classes and various field-trips that form an integral part of the programme. Courses are taught both by leading researchers and practitioners of major French tourism firms. Students will learn by interacting with seasoned professionals who are eager to share their experience.
- Develop your professional network and expand your cultural horizons: The degree in Tourism Destination Management enables students to widentheir network by meeting important stakeholders in the French tourism industry – professors, practitioners and policymakers alike. Likewise, the summer school offers a useful network for the future career of young professionals.
- Share an incredible experience with fellow students and experts from around the world: The summer school brings together students from different countries for a multicultural and unforgettable experience.
ELIGIBILITY - The summer school is open to holders of a bachelor degree or equivalent.
TUITION AND FEES - Tuition and fees are €5,000 per student. This covers payment for the courses, field trips, accommodation,
meals from Monday to Saturday (meals on Sunday are not included) and local and national
transport. Students are responsible for their own travel costs and arrangements to attend the course
(i.e. incoming travel to Nice and outgoing travel from Paris).
DURATION - Courses take place over a four-week period: THE RIVIERA - TOULOUSE - ANGERS PARIS.
Classes are taught in English. Applicants must be fluent in English (some knowledge of the French
language is advisable).
HOW TO APPLY - Applicants must successfully complete an application process. Selection takes into account
candidates' academic background, grades, and motivation.
List of required documents to complete the application:
› Covering letter
› CV (including full name, address, email, copy of ID document, passport-sized photo)
› Academic background information: academic transcripts, copy of highest certificate/
› Languages and level (If you hold an English language certificate, TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS or
equivalent, please join it to your application)